- 6mm ARC
HORNADY AMMO 6MM ARC 103gr ELD-X 20/BX 10/CS
Tested, selected and fielded by a specialized group within the U.S. DoD for its multipurpose combat rifle program, the versatile 6mm ARC does much of what larger cartridges can and everything that smaller cartridges can’t. Designed to meet the needs of the world’s toughest critics, the 6mm ARC utilizes efficient, high-BC bullets to deliver unprecedented performance from the AR-15 platform. Commercial 6mm ARC offerings will feature bullets selected to deliver ideal performance for hunting, match shooting and personal protection applications.
The 6mm ARC achieves results never before delivered from the AR-15 platform with the ultimate blend of system weight, performance and shootability. Equally at home in AR-15 platforms and short or micro action bolt guns, this load is suitable for applications from personal defense to match shooting, hunting, and military and law enforcement.
Balanced application of cartridge, chamber and propellant design is coupled with bullet selection for optimum all-range performance and barrel life. The 6mm ARC provides excellent terminal performance from an assortment of bullets for a variety of applications.
- Featuring the radically superior ELD-X bullet with Heat Shield tip, Precision Hunter is the ideal load for ANY hunting situation because of its effective terminal performance at ALL practical ranges.
- BEST-IN-CLASS BCS: Verified by Doppler radar, the Heat Shield tip defies the effects of aerodynamic heating and retains its shape to maintain the highest-in-class BC over its entire trajectory.
- MATCH ACCURATE HUNTING BULLET: Streamlined secant ogive with optimum boattail design + highly concentric AMP bullet jackets + Heat Shield tip combine for radically superior aerodynamic efficiency.
- DEVASTATING CONVENTIONAL RANGE PERFORMANCE: With high velocity, 0-400 yard impact, the bullet continually expands throughout its penetration path. The thick shank of the jacket and high InterLock ring keep the core and jacket together providing 50-60% weight retention.
- BEST EXTENDED RANGE TERMINAL PERFORMANCE AVAILABLE: Upon low velocity, 400+ yard impacts, the Heat Shield tip drives backward into the bullet to initiate expansion. Exhibiting controlled expansion with a large mushroom and 85-90% retained weight, the bullet provides deep penetration and large cavities. Available as component bullets or in factory loaded Precision Hunter ammunition.
This is loaded ammunition.
WARNING: This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
1 of 1 customers found this page helpful.
Submit your own rating by logging in.